What's new

Cleaning your rifle

Are there people who shoot enough these days to even warrant cleaning?

After I’m done with load development they don’t get shot till right before and during hunting season I don’t clean the barrel unless I start having problems unless I start seeing groups shoot bad

Well, I'm down here in Mesa AZ for the first big 3 gun match of the season. To get here so far I have shot 2500 rounds of pistol, 1500 rounds of 55 grain ball 223. 500 rounds of 77 grain Gold Medal Match 223. And 2.25 cases of 12 gauge shot and 50 slugs over the last 3 weeks. A big thank you to Federal Premium for the sponsorship........ I think I might clean my carry pistol🤣 shooting starts tomorrow with rifle out to 627 yards. Love them iron sights!!!

Well, I'm down here in Mesa AZ for the first big 3 gun match of the season. To get here so far I have shot 2500 rounds of pistol, 1500 rounds of 55 grain ball 223. 500 rounds of 77 grain Gold Medal Match 223. And 2.25 cases of 12 gauge shot and 50 slugs over the last 3 weeks. A big thank you to Federal Premium for the sponsorship........ I think I might clean my carry pistol🤣 shooting starts tomorrow with rifle out to 627 yards. Love them iron sights!!!
Just imagine how good you could be if you practiced. 😛

What are you using to get it out?

After the carbon was removed, Bore Tech Carbon remover on a Bore Tech jag.

It has a copper solvent in it?

I don't know. It removes copper from the bore.

Those images look pretty good. I haven’t priced a bore scope in a minute just cuz they were prohibitively expensive for anything remotely useful. But $60 is very reasonable