What's new

Food & Stuff

I could probably vote when I had my first non well-done steak. Growing up we treated a steak with any pink as a Russian roulette type proposition.

But I eventually evolved. I don't like cool centers but otherwise I'm good up to medium rare. More and I feel a steak was kinda wasted.

IMG_4337.jpeg
Argentine Red Shrimp and cheddar cheese grits today. Topped with some bacon, hot chili oil, green onions, and a little bit of love. My first package of Argentine red shrimp ever, and I can’t believe how sweet they are. Simply to die for.

I know better than to ask, but I can’t help it. What the hell is playing on your tablet? The food looks delicious!

I know better than to ask, but I can’t help it. What the hell is playing on your tablet? The food looks delicious!
lol it was a lecture for my Cryptography class. We touched on Horst Feistel's Lucifer program that he helped father in the 70's while at IBM, which was a precursor to DES and the cornerstone of civilian cryptography. The name "Lucifer" a pun on "Demon". which was a twist of "Demonstration", the reason for the shortening was because the original operating system used was unable to have such a long name for a file, and thus, used the shortened "demon".

Also, fun fact: "debugging" actually came from back in the day when the Mark II computer at Harvard University had a moth caught in a relay, causing a malfunction. With the lights and heat old computers were big draws for moths and other bugs, so occasionally the computers needed to be "debugged".

1711421868892.png

lol it was a lecture for my Cryptography class. We touched on Horst Feistel's Lucifer program that he helped father in the 70's while at IBM, which was a precursor to DES and the cornerstone of civilian cryptography. The name "Lucifer" a pun on "Demon". which was a twist of "Demonstration", the reason for the shortening was because the original operating system used was unable to have such a long name for a file, and thus, used the shortened "demon".

Also, fun fact: "debugging" actually came from back in the day when the Mark II computer at Harvard University had a moth caught in a relay, causing a malfunction. With the lights and heat old computers were big draws for moths and other bugs, so occasionally the computers needed to be "debugged".

View attachment 4460
That’s pretty cool. I didn’t know that.

Nothing exotic or creative by any means. But I love black pepper...lots of black pepper...on much of my food. Especially gravy like with biscuits and gravy or chicken fried steak. There's just no such thing as too much black pepper.

1711466961736.jpeg

Mediterranean chicken and vegetables with some low carb potatoes and I’ll be putting it on a bed of low carb diabetes friendly rice.
It’ll be finished off with low calorie peach cobbler and vanilla ice cream…gotta watch my sugar intake! So good!

1711640529664.jpeg

Last edited:
What happened with this?

It never got crispy like he showed. That being said, I'll do it again and just leave it in the smoker for the whole time. Would be really good just plain pork belly "burnt ends"