What's new

Food & Stuff

Goddamnit, I didn't think to snap a pic,

I had big slab of chicken fried beef liver, onions & carrots.

Side Big bowl of boriquen rice topped with ladle full of cooked together pintos, black bean, navy bean, kidney beans with smoked pork neck meat/bones.

With a small cake loaf with strawberry icing

I had a homemade loaded double cheeseburger with homemade fries from a whole idaho potato.

It weren't pork loin & cauliflower, but it filled me up

No wonder your husband is always grumpy. If my woman always had a headache and didn’t cook, I’d be a pissed off MF!

Ok, well in my defense, he knew what he was getting -- I've had those damned headaches most of my life. And he KNEW I don't cook worth a shit.

Apparently a live in maid has some value the older you get. 🤷🤷 That man ... 😉🤣🤣🤣 It's like living with a teenager -- junk everywhere and doesn't clean up NOTHING. Thank goodness his "junk" is 99.9% gun stuff and his pension is the stuff legends are made of. That man has definitely lived a charmed life. Granted, he has worked for it but being in the right place at the right time doesn't hurt.

For example, even though he'd been with the state for approximately 10 years when I met him, I made more money than he did. (I still marvel that he managed to do the things he did on that salary.) Anyway, within a few years of me meeting him he got: a $10k/yr raise, became a State Trooper (which was another substantial raise, plus his "state retirement" -- which was shit BTW -- rolled to a OLERS pension, and got another substantial raise after he finished the training to get the uniform. THEN State Troopers got a GIGANTIC raise to get their pay more in line with "national standards" because OHP was having trouble recruiting and retaining. It was quite the whirlwind at our house for a while.

And I wish 401(k)s and the like had NEVER happened -- because that moved retirement planning from companies offering pensions as a part of the benefit package to the employee. But pay didn't rise to reflect the amount of money that was being contributing by companies. Basically, the little guy got screwed. Again. The number of people who have NO retirement funds put back is staggering now. And once the feds raise the "retirement age" on SS again, all the kids coming up under us are gonna wind up working forever. It's disgusting.

Oops ... I'll get off my high horse now. As you can tell I'm not a fan of big biz ... Or the .gov ... 🤬

Fuck 401k,

If you are in your 50's and you don't make $75k+ a year and contribute at least 10% after tax into high interest fund accounts, then you are going to not have enough in your 401k when you retire to live as comfortable as you do now.

In this day & age You will need approx 1.5 to 2 million+ in your 401k when you retire at 70yo to be able to live comfortably.

If you don't then you'll most likely be working at walmart as a door greeter for booze, cigarettes & gas money.

Indian Taco…they make damn near the best

The Laguna burger with green chilli is outstanding there as well......it even says "Home of the Laguna burger"
One thing that is absolutely horrible from the Laguna tribe is Deb Haaland, the head of the Department of Interior. Bet she can't even do any decanting even with the instructions written on the heel!!! 🤬

The Laguna burger with green chilli is outstanding there as well......it even says "Home of the Laguna burger"
One thing that is absolutely horrible from the Laguna tribe is Deb Haaland, the head of the Department of Interior. Bet she can't even do any decanting even with the instructions written on the heel!!! 🤬
The Laguna burger is really good. I just got gas there this AM and drive over to the trading post and got another Indian taco. Was tempted to get a burger but nah.

Deb Haaland is an idiot…idk if they like her or not

Man, I'm jealous!!!! What you doing down that way, it's too early to roast chilli's😁