What's new

Going to test out Rossi's warranty service

I have a buddy, who had a Taurus 357mag cylinder crack on him. He sent it in. Same story as what you are telling. At the 9 month mark someone called him, said they got the wrong parts shipment in, and offered to put a polished cylinder on his black revolver. He said hell no. At the 15-16 month mark he got the revolver back, good as new, shoots great.

I guess my point is that I’m willing to bet you’re gonna be waiting a longass time. But they should make it right, so there’s some light at the end of that loooong tunnel.

I have a buddy, who had a Taurus 357mag cylinder crack on him. He sent it in. Same story as what you are telling. At the 9 month mark someone called him, said they got the wrong parts shipment in, and offered to put a polished cylinder on his black revolver. He said hell no. At the 15-16 month mark he got the revolver back, good as new, shoots great.

I guess my point is that I’m willing to bet you’re gonna be waiting a longass time. But they should make it right, so there’s some light at the end of that loooong tunnel.
Damn. I'll raise a lot of hell if I have to wait that long. I know they have rifles in production that can be pulled to fill this. I just think I may be far down on the list though.

Still no rifle, but I did get tracking info on my rifle case I shipped the rifle to them in. When you look up the serial number on the website, it show an error now.

baby steps

Received a text from SSP last night. Rifle was received and ready for pickup. No email or notification from Rossi on this. CS fail #8027

Picked it up today. Threading looks good. Trigger is dog shit. Previous one was pretty nice...... Everything else looks good. Will find out this weekend.
1715806425385.png

The good news is slicking up the trigger on those is real easy.

6 rounds suppressed, no baffle strikes, POI all the same and POI shift with can is only low and left about an inch or minute of squirrel

Overall, I still have a sour taste in my mouth about how this entire transaction from the beginning of January to today. I will probably shy away from any Rossi in the future because of it. I know that is not fair and probably pretty assholeish of me, but that's how I get with things like this.

Rossi as a whole? Absolute shit on a stick from a CS standpoint. Once I was finally assigned someone to my case did things start to move. It sucks that it had to come to that, but I'm glad Tammy gave a damn and was honest about wait times and how they messed up.

Gun shot well. Like very well. I put several 2-3" groups at 150 yards off a bag with my 1-6 LPVO. 50 yard zero with my 150 grain Barnes TSX at 2110 and zero drop at 100 and about 3 inches at 150. That will do it for distance with this load. I'm running out of steam pretty quick past 150. I put this together for a 50-75 yard brush gun anyway.

If I bought something new that was profoundly defective and wasn’t immediately replaced I’d burn them too. Weatherby pissed me off like that on a shotgun. Screw em.