What's new

Heated Clothing

rockchalk06

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Staff member
Administrator
Fren
Spent a little bit of cash today and bought a heated jacket, facemask and vest. Reviews look pretty decent and some YouTube reviews looked like they were worth a shot.

Anyone ever tried this stuff? My hunting partner has the vest and a different jacket. He swears by them.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg

I had a heated mid layer for a while but it was cotton so I didn't wear it much except for on the mountain in the snow. I would definitely rock something warmed that was gore-tex or similar, they do work quite well.

I have several heated jackets and hoodies. Dewalt, Milwaukee, and some Amazon jackets. I like my Dewalt best because I have a shit ton of batteries for it.

I have several heated jackets and hoodies. Dewalt, Milwaukee, and some Amazon jackets. I like my Dewalt best because I have a shit ton of batteries for it.
What's the runtime?

About 30 minutes on high on a 2 amp hr battery. Best way to do is is but a carhart over a heated hoodie. They wait tell your cold as fuck then turn it on. I won’t put one on tell it’s in the low 20’s as a high.

Reactions: GC7
Well hell. This thread went to absolute dick in the ass

Meh, shit happens.

I've got a heated pair of insoles for my hip boots*. I used to just freeze my ass off, now I wonder how poor people can duck hunt in that freezing cold ass weather.

* - I no longer wear chest waders. Near death experience in college cured me of that shit. If I didn't have a dog, and they fell deeper than the hip boots, the turtles got to eat them in the spring. Fuk all that. Game Warden saved my life. I'd resigned myself to the fact that it was the end of the line. Never been so happy to seen a pair of green britches in my life. Not since either.

Insoles have a wireless remote control. Just turn 'em on when you get set down and turn em off when you get up to walk out. You do not want them on when you are exerting any energy. They'll run your ass out of those waders.

Meh, shit happens.

I've got a heated pair of insoles for my hip boots*. I used to just freeze my ass off, now I wonder how poor people can duck hunt in that freezing cold ass weather.

* - I no longer wear chest waders. Near death experience in college cured me of that shit. If I didn't have a dog, and they fell deeper than the hip boots, the turtles got to eat them in the spring. Fuk all that. Game Warden saved my life. I'd resigned myself to the fact that it was the end of the line. Never been so happy to seen a pair of green britches in my life. Not since either.

Insoles have a wireless remote control. Just turn 'em on when you get set down and turn em off when you get up to walk out. You do not want them on when you are exerting any energy. They'll run your ass out of those waders.
40 is what got me. After turning 40, I'm always cold. I froze my ass off this past weekend like I have never done before.

I've never had a scare like that with waders. I've always worn an inflatable belt, but not sure if that will work either.

40 is what got me. After turning 40, I'm always cold. I froze my ass off this past weekend like I have never done before.

I've never had a scare like that with waders. I've always worn an inflatable belt, but not sure if that will work either.

I'll never put another pair on, not even in a 6" deep trout stream. Fuk all of that. Every bit of it.

I'd rather go for a ride in a V tailed Bonanza with a doctor.

About 30 minutes on high on a 2 amp hr battery. Best way to do is is but a carhart over a heated hoodie. They wait tell your cold as fuck then turn it on. I won’t put one on tell it’s in the low 20’s as a high.
Never studied them, but that battery life seems kinda disappointing. No all day toasty without $1000 in batteries I guess?

Never studied them, but that battery life seems kinda disappointing. No all day toasty without $1000 in batteries I guess?
They are often suggested for people working job sites, so you would have 2 batteries that you cycle throughout the day. One is on the charger while the other is in use.

They are often suggested for people working job sites, so you would have 2 batteries that you cycle throughout the day. One is on the charger while the other is in use.
They do work just can’t use them as intended. Put them between you and a carhart jacket. Then they work

I should post for sale a heated jacket I found in one of my totes. It’s new still in packaging 🤣🤣

Reynauds kicked my ass this year. My hands got so useless while hunting that it scared me a couple times. I couldn’t let that happen if I was with my kids, so I got some heated gloves and heated knee length socks off Amazon. They are neberon brand, roughly $70ish each. They supposedly have a 5 year warranty. They did their job and kept my digits functioning. Battery life on high was about 2.5hrs, roughly 5hrs on low. Extra batteries can be bought for them. The socks are remote controlled but can be actuated manually, the gloves are manual only. Both can be machine washed with the batteries removed. That’s my limited, but positive, experience with heated garments. A heated vest makes good sense to me.

Got everything in last night. Vest is too small and going back. Have a larger one on the way.

Jacket fits pretty good. Little thicker than I wanted, but it's warm. The back and pockets do not get near as warm as the sleeves do. CS was pretty decent, they said to return it to Amazon and get another one on the way. Done and Done. It may very well be the design, but I want to check. I tried it on and put my Redhead vest on over it and shouldering a rifle isn't too much of a choir.

Have some socks on the way too.