What's new

Is a revolver a pistol?

The Dardick revolver was a magazine fed revolving type pistol, it fired what was called Trounds because the ammo was triangular shaped. The Webly Fosbery was a semi automatic revolver, so blurry it has become.

The Dardick revolver was a magazine fed revolving type pistol, it fired what was called Trounds because the ammo was triangular shaped. The Webly Fosbery was a semi automatic revolver, so blurry it has become.
Never heard of either. I’m doing a little google research now. Thanks for the update.

Never heard of either. I’m doing a little google research now. Thanks for the update.
I don't know if he's done the Webley-Fosbery (or, if you're Bogey playing Sam Spade, Webley-Formsby), but Ian at Forgotten Weapons has done a video where he shot a Dardick.

Dardick:

And it turns out that he had done several videos on the Webley-Fosbery. Here's one where he's shooting it:

If you all had ever met Ian and his buddy Karl, you might not be all school girlish over him and his videos. I got the distinct displeasure of being squaded with those two "fancy boys" at a major 3-gun match. The whole time shooting they kept saying how all this match stuff was stupid, and it didn't test "real" skill and how everyone was just playing army while Manly "fluffers" like himself were the only ones who knew anything. They wouldn't help reset stages nor tape, we were always waiting on them to reappear and get ready to shoot. These manly twinks finished around the 250 to 275 range out of the over 350 competitors, their weapons handling was abysmal and they blamed their poor finish on the fact the stages were too easy and not a real test of true weapons use, if the stages had been harder they would have kicked everyone's ass....... I wish his show had been forgotten Ian, s and it only had one episode. What a fag!

Last edited:
If you all had ever met Ian and his buddy Karl, you might not be all school girlish over him and his videos. I got the distinct displeasure of being squaded with those two "fancy boys" at a major 3-gun match. The whole time shooting they kept saying how all this match stuff was stupid, and it didn't test "real" skill and how everyone was just playing army while Manly "fluffers" like himself were the only ones who knew anything. They wouldn't help reset stages nor tape, we were always waiting on them to reappear and get ready to shoot. These manly twinks finished around the 250 to 275 range out of the over 350 competitors, their weapons handling was abysmal and they blamed their poor finish on the fact the stages were too easy and not a real test of true weapons use, if the stages had been harder they would have kicked everyone's ass....... I wish his show had been forgotten Ian, s and it only had one episode. What a fag!
Karl is a literal cuck and a satanist, not even the cool black metal kind, he's a minister in the gay ass "Temple of Satan".

I barely know of the guy, but it seems like he got kicked out of or banned from some shooting association over some retarded shit like bitching and moaning about something that was out of the control of the sponsors, but I'm just going from memory, but yeah, not the first time I heard he was a bobble headed chuckle fuk.

Sounds like somebody is sweet on him.

Pretty sure some revolvers use "moon" clips to hold rounds in the cylinder

Those were a thing for using rimless cartridge in certain guns I thought

Those were a thing for using rimless cartridge in certain guns I thought
Yes, for 9mm, 40sw & 45acp in a few revolvers.

I got a couple of saa style convertibles with 45c cylinder & 45acp cylinders

I keep the acp cylinders in them, because I've got a original model vaquero 45c that I fire full pressure modern loads through, that the colt & cimarron convertibles won't survive firing,

hell the cimarron broke an internal part while I was firing +p acp rounds through it, so now I only shoot acp ball equivalent or lower loads through it.