What's new

Rifles on display and in the field

Oh shit, we are going to have 6 more weeks of winter! You killed Phill!!! Ugh, I can hear Sonny and Cher already🤬

Last edited:
Forgive my ignorance. I don't hunt and I live in suburbia. What the fuck animal is that top picture?

Groundhog.

To be fair, I saw it and wondered WTF it was, called my dad and best I could describe it was a "fuzzy beaver looking thing with a furry tail instead of a paddle"

He confirmed groundhog. Damn thing ran into my little barn, which has no power so I grabbed a .22 and went out there. Not much room to move, didn't wanna get attacked by a cornered groundhog, so I was being a little extra cautious. It's dark and quiet, then my phone (which I had put in my shirt pocket) went off from a phone call and scared the fuck out of me. Dang near shit my pants. Anywho. Didn't see the bastard, but he was back the next day and business was taken care of.

I'm 6'6" and that dog can put his front paws on my shoulders and look me eye to eye
Well, I suppose a big ol fella would have a big ol dog. You should get ya a big ol truck and let him ride in your lap. Then you can flex on the Fudds. 🤣

Guys I went back through this thread so far, and I wanted to commend you all on the fact that a good portion of these pictures are of rifles being USED, not just a picture of it in the backyard!
My favorite is Cow catchers CZ sitting on his truck console! You just KNOW it's gonna need a new barrel MUCH sooner than most! BLAST ON!!!

Guys I went back through this thread so far, and I wanted to commend you all on the fact that a good portion of these pictures are of rifles being USED, not just a picture of it in the backyard!
My favorite is Cow catchers CZ sitting on his truck console! You just KNOW it's gonna need a new barrel MUCH sooner than most! BLAST ON!!!
Man a 600 trail is on my short list. But I want to figure out a rebarrel to 300 AAC.

Awwwww shucks you’re makin me blush. There’s several guys around here that probably shoot more than I. I’m just fortunate to do a job where I can drive around with a rifle laying on the console ready for action. About 6 months out of the year I spend about 4 hours a day every day just driving around the ranch feeding cows. This gives me the opportunity to find plenty of chances to shoot critters. Mainly coyotes, beavers and armadillos. I often tell folks that sure I could go work some other higher paying gig but shit what’s it worth to be so fortunate to piss where I wanna piss and shoot when I wanna shoot. Thank you for the kind words Kurt but I just happen to be fortunate.