What's new

Pistols on display and in the field

Here is a Colt A1 from 1943. I got it from my great-uncle who carried it through the Pacific and up into China as a Navy Sea Bee. That’s his kit too.
very cool

Damn catholic school nun told my mom " nden must always have underwear on under his shorts when he's at school, he cannot be marching around the Star Spangled Banner during the Pledge of Allegiance with his pistol on display"

Just saw this funny today... How timely.

1706388054154.png

Watched a video about Marines doing VBSS training and caught this screenshot... I see the old 1911 is still serving. I didn't know that. The video was from some time in 2023, I think. I heard the Marines finally gave them up in 2023 so maybe this was before then. Anybody know the details?

Screenshot (433).png

I bought another 1911 this morning. Preparing for #threeworldwarssonny
Only proper that it's Chinese...
This dang near DAO hammer is taking some getting used to. I need another thumb callus.
Greek tried to get me to pick up a couple of cases of those when they were virtually giving them away. Being the dumbass chucklhead I was back then, I went deep in cold beer and booger. Boy was I surprised to find out that’s not a viable portfolio.

Recently sold my Ruger 57 to buy this FN Five-seveN Mk3. A lot of people talk them down but I shot it today and I really like it. It has a few things that are different or could be better...it's not perfect. The safety is in a weird spot...in the center of the frame right above the trigger. It's not a deal breaker but it takes a little getting used to. The slide lock lever is on the rear of the frame where the thumb safety of a 1911 would be. I like that. The trigger has a bit of take up and is just a tad heavy...maybe about 6 lbs. Not bad, though. Great reset. The irons were dead nutz on out of the box at 25 yds and there were zero malfs over the 80 rounds I put thru it. Got the Holosun zeroed as well. I think it's pretty much superior in just about every way to the Ruger and this gun has the potential to be extremely accurate. All in all, it's a nice gun. ***OBLIGATORY 5.7X28 RANT***: I wish ammo would come down in price just a bit more. I'd like to see it around the .50cpr range for the better stuff.

I also put about another 150 rounds thru the Kimber KDS9c. I'm up to around 1k rounds thru it (I think) without a single failure. I tried out some of the new 18 round mags and they work great. This is another gun that's really easy and fun to shoot.

B.jpg

L.jpg

Watched a video about Marines doing VBSS training and caught this screenshot... I see the old 1911 is still serving. I didn't know that. The video was from some time in 2023, I think. I heard the Marines finally gave them up in 2023 so maybe this was before then. Anybody know the details?

View attachment 3961
In 2013 Marine Raiders started carrying their replacement for the M9 and MEUSOC 1911: the Colt M45A1 CQBP. 2016 or 2022ish (depending on who you hear it from) they switched to the Glock 19. Last I heard there’s a few floating around still, but most Raiders are issued G19s or M9s. I heard that they do have a choice on giving up the 1911 or not though... which is interesting.

Circa 2010ish I was preparing for the indoctrination pipeline to try out for MARSOC upon re-enlistment and saw mostly dogeared M9s and a few worn out 1911s when I saw those guys, much like regular division dudes and even POGs.

From what I’ve heard Wilson combat supplies the mags for the issue sidearms, and Tisas makes a tribute/clone pistol.
If you want to make a clone correct something or other they were/are issued with a safariland holster and a X300U-A. I believe the timeframe would line up with the X300U-A being a 500 lumen model.

Nifty article with the details on well, the details: https://gunsweek.com/en/pistols/articles/colt-m45a1-cqbp-marsoc-pistol

edited for more info and shit.

Last edited:
Fuck... I've been bitten by the FN bug. Now I need a 509 of one flavor or another to round out the FN collection.

This new High Power is slick. Haven't shot it yet but I really like the trigger and the overall feel of it. The plain black sights aren't my cup of tea but they'll work. Everything is smooth as silk on this gun:

20240407_112234.jpg