What's new

Satterlee test

Kwaynem

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fren
When using the satterlee test do you let your barrel cool down between shots?

Depends on the weather. Yesterday, I did 3 slow shots and gave it 10 minutes. Barrel never even got warm. When its hot out, I usually give it a few minutes between shots.

Short answer, Yes. Barrel profile, load and ambient temp all play a part in how long. Just don't let your barrel get too hot.

what increments between loads?

IMG_6711.jpegI’m so sick of this thing it didn’t read the first shot and my phone ain’t recording shit 😡

View attachment 2722I’m so sick of this thing it didn’t read the first shot and my phone ain’t recording shit 😡
I don’t want to sound like I’m bragging but I’m glad I never have to unpack my Caldwell again. You need one of these Garmins. We just passed Christmas. When’s your birthday? Early Father’s Day?
I really think I had my Caldwell kinks all figured out but I’m pretty sure life’s gonna get much better from here on out.

Next time you do this test, take each shot at a different dot/target to make it easier to know where they are flying.

I have one of those too. Never again will I use it. it’s better than not having one.
My Magnetospeed V3 never failed me once after replacing a Caldwell with it that did fail constantly.

Garmin kills it in terms of ease of use though.

@Kwaynem If you don't want to fork over the funds for a Garmin or Lab Radar, Magnetospeed's are popping up cheap

My Magnetospeed V3 never failed me once after replacing a Caldwell with it that did fail constantly.

Garmin kills it in terms of ease of use though.

@Kwaynem If you don't want to fork over the funds for a Garmin or Lab Radar, Magnetospeed's are popping up cheap
That’s exactly what I was gonna recommend to him.

Lab radars used can be picked up cheap and magneto speed. Lad radar and caldwell both just dropped there new choreograph at shot show. So they will get cheaper on the used market.