What's new

Sun shade question

H

Honey Badger

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have a Vortex Crossfire ii 4x12x44. I am wanting to get a sunshade for it. Where do I find them? How much are they? Thanks Frens.

If there’s one made for it, Vortex should have it. They usually aren’t universal, but are made specifically for whichever scope or objective for that series of scopes for that company.

If they don’t make one, you can make one with 100mph tape and a paper towel tube

Upd: you can find slip on universal ones
👇👇👇

Maybe this:

Last edited:
If there’s one made for it, Vortex should have it. They usually aren’t universal, but are made specifically for whichever scope or objective for that series of scopes for that company.

If they don’t make one, you can make one with 100mph tape and a paper towel tube
Okay. That explains why I cant seem to find one online! What about end caps that block the sun? Any of those out there? I saw some that had a “grid” on them. Do they work?

Okay. That explains why I cant seem to find one online! What about end caps that block the sun? Any of those out there? I saw some that had a “grid” on them. Do they work?
You’re talking about a killflash, those are primarily for signature reduction and greatly reduce your FOV

I updated my initial response with some sources

You’re talking about a killflash, those are primarily for signature reduction and greatly reduce your FOV

I updated my initial response with some sources
Okay. Thanks sir. I appreciate your help!

Amazon has them. I bought my nightforce sunshades of Amazon. Yes nightforce brand.

Please don't put a killflash on a scope that you are using to hit paper at the range lol.

Please don't put a killflash on a scope that you are using to hit paper at the range lol.
I wont. I just didnt know they actually did.

It looks cool and I want to pretend I’m a real sniper even though I was never in the military. 🤣