What's new

Wanting to get another good bolt .22 soon

Cowcatcher

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fren
I’ve got a b14r carbon and a ruger precision rimfire. The kids and I shoot them a bunch. I’ve got steel targets all the way out to 400yds currently and we have a blast. 2 good accurate 22’s just ain’t enough. I’m trying to decide between the 3 below. I know they’re all good to go but I just can’t pick which one to buy next. I’m kinda more leaning towards the Cz or Tikka but my 8yo really likes the grey ruger. She currently shoots the black ruger that I actually bought for her older sister. I tried the whole conversation of my 14yo passing the black ruger down to the 8yo and buying the new one for the 14yo but the 14yo said she likes the black ruger. That’s understandable and honestly makes me smile since just her and I went to the store to buy that rifle when they first came out for her. So do I buy the grey ruger which I know can be fit to the 8yo so well? I think she could fit the Cz or Tikka if not now very soon. Anyhow, I’m kinda leaning Tikka or CZ. The VuDoo and RimX I just can’t allocate that much money for. No other brands interest me that I know of. I thought I was excited about a Springfield but nope. I’m sure most of y’all saw that thread. What do you ol boys think? Got any input that maybe I’m not considering?
9D099779-27FF-49DD-8517-F4A86849E74B.png0BA00891-FD67-4774-B76E-52BFB9460640.pngBCEF18A4-D554-4984-A83F-6DFB0F64E432.png

Oof that CZ is friggin beautiful. The Rprr is nice, I have almost bought one on multiple occasions. The action is not as smooth as that CZ though. I have not held that Tikka, and I am sure it is great, but for the price I would like some better furniture.

Oof that CZ is friggin beautiful. The Rprr is nice, I have almost bought one on multiple occasions. The action is not as smooth as that CZ though. I have not held that Tikka, and I am sure it is great, but for the price I would like some better furniture.
I have zero complaints about the rprr at the price. Not the smoothest action but it’s so adjustable and it is a shooter. Yeah I don’t really like the grip angle on the Tikka. Could find a chassis for it but cha Ching. There’s a upr version but damn the price! I’ll go grab a pic of one.
C0A4F5EF-C779-44D4-A0A7-333FA8F3883B.png

The CZ and the Ruger are probably neck and neck on upgrade costs and availability. The Tikka is a Tikka, not much bad to say except maybe the entry cost. I’m messing around with some 10/22 stuff myself but my heart leans towards the turn bolt. I haven’t handled the AT one stock but the easy of adjustment is very attractive. Yeah, CZ then Ruger. You can probably wrap and lap that Ruger bolt with some 1000 grit and smooth it right up. I loved my Ruger American Rimfire for what it was, but swapping barrels and upgrades aren’t worth the squeeze.

I’m like the RPR’s the up grades are there for them. It’s more a build as you go rifle. Find out what you like and don’t like then change it. just don’t get to carried away or do.

I'm just salty. I wanna like the RPR but mine don't like me. I need to send it back to Ruger I guess.

I love my 457 for the record. I haven’t looked in a while, but factory stocks of various flavors used to be easily attainable on their website, making adjustments/modifications/etc easy. I purchased the MTR and threw it in a more traditional Varmint stock.

Oooooh plot twist, you need one of them fancy straight pull Volquartsen ones
Yes and I handled one at Action too. But………Was it a volquartsen? They had a volquartsen. No? Was it a Christiansen? I think it was. Now off to google.

Yes and I handled one at Action too. But………Was it a volquartsen? They had a volquartsen. No? Was it a Christiansen? I think it was. Now off to google.
No dumbass it was a volquartsen. The rifle you’re thinking of is the Browning T-bolt you handled. Yes you handled a Christiansen too but the T-bolt is what you’re thinking.