What's new

Wanting to get another good bolt .22 soon

I have that Tikka on my short list. The Bergara is a pretty sweet rig. Not sure which I'd be happier with.

It's a bit down on the list though.
.308 Tikka T3x Super Light
5.56 Can
.45 Caliber Can
.22 Can
.22 Bolt Action

I have that Tikka on my short list. The Bergara is a pretty sweet rig. Not sure which I'd be happier with.

It's a bit down on the list though.
.308 Tikka T3x Super Light
5.56 Can
.45 Caliber Can
.22 Can
.22 Bolt Action
I really like my b14r. A friend of mine has 2 bmr’s. A steel 22lr and a carbon 22 mag. Both are very good shooters.

The T-bolts are kind of notorious for being inaccurate, especially for the price. I really wanted one, having visions of a baby K-31, but it’s a long way from there to Toledo.

Well that's good to know.
I guess a memorandum of understanding is in order. Between the advent of the little rimfire cartridge and Thursday of last week there’s been a waxing and waning of expectations. When I say it notoriously inaccurate I don’t mean it suck’s balls. It just isn’t going to print bug holes at 50 and 100 like the CZs, VuuDuus and several others. They’re dang sure meat guns and like most of the rifles on the market are chambered for reliability and will be strong medicine if a guy wants to spend the time to find the fodder his rifle favors. Now days a lot of people want to put a brick on paper and cover them all with a roll of dimes. The T-bolt won’t do that, but that’s not what it was designed for. It is endlessly fascinating as a mechanism, a marvel to manipulate and absolutely guaranteed to put miles of smiles on faces from bagging squirrels, rabbits, gongs, cans and anything else it’s safe to point at. Having said all that, I have convinced myself that I need at least two more .22 rifles. A T-bolt and a CZ457 in some configuration.

I’ve spent the last several minutes watching YouTube videos on the Christensen Ranger. I handled one the other day and one word for it is LIGHT. When the guy handed it to me my hand was expecting much more weight. Just now I learned it uses 10/22 mags and comes with an adjustable rem 700 style triggertech trigger. Further googling I learned last fall and last summer there were $200-$250 rebates on them which currently does me no good. I think the one at the store was………high $600 to mid $700.

That’s not bad money if it shoots out of the box. Start putting barrels, triggers and chassis in a pile with glass and mounts on top and it starts getting significant at a fair clip.

Out of those options, CZ hands down. I had an At-One on a Savage and wasn't a huge fan but there are some awesome stocks available for the CZs, and don't forget to check the clearance section at Boyds if you wanna combine your own.
I have a 452 and a 455 and someday I'll have a 457.

I definitely agree with the CZ. I bought a 452 Scout for my son 11 years ago, it is stupid accurate. I never expected it to be that good for a kids rifle under $300!