What's new

What’s a forum without a gardening thread?

WhoIsItRlly

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, let’s talk gardens. Last year I did the usual staples, tomatoes, peppers, squash, corn, some pole beans and some flowers cause well, they look nice.

I feel like my flowers did well, but the peppers, squash, and corn did terrible. Most didn’t sprout. I feel like I’ve been doing everything right, maybe I got a bunch of bad seeds.

Any suggestions on where to get seeds? How long do you store them? I usually keep seeds for a year or two if I don’t use all of them that season, but that’s it. I think this year I’m gonna add some cucumbers, cabbage and broccoli to my garden. Also gonna try my hand at pickling. Maybe do pickles and kimchi. Both should do well for adding to my fridge and my food stores.

What are you planting in your garden this year?

I’ll probably just do my tomatoes again. Might try to save some seeds from this Aldi zucchini I have on the counter and plant a squash this year.

Well, let’s talk gardens. Last year I did the usual staples, tomatoes, peppers, squash, corn, some pole beans and some flowers cause well, they look nice.

I feel like my flowers did well, but the peppers, squash, and corn did terrible. Most didn’t sprout. I feel like I’ve been doing everything right, maybe I got a bunch of bad seeds.

Any suggestions on where to get seeds? How long do you store them? I usually keep seeds for a year or two if I don’t use all of them that season, but that’s it. I think this year I’m gonna add some cucumbers, cabbage and broccoli to my garden. Also gonna try my hand at pickling. Maybe do pickles and kimchi. Both should do well for adding to my fridge and my food stores.

Well, let me share what I know about gardening.

OMG there is nothing better on this earth than homemade kimchi. 🤤

Only thing alive in the greenhouse Dutch bucket is the Kale plant.

Gonna start tomatoes and peppers inside here before long.
Three foot light, made a stand out of PVC the light hangs on.
Got a heat pad from Walgreen's to go under my tray of plants.
Keep the heat on, water daily, adjust light so it's right over, almost touching plants. (this is very important!)

Gonna start tomatoes and peppers inside here before long.
Three foot light, made a stand out of PVC the light hangs on.
Got a heat pad from Walgreen's to go under my tray of plants.
Keep the heat on, water daily, adjust light so it's right over, almost touching plants. (this is very important!)
Same here. It's warm enough in the shop. The led lights are an absolute starter so I'm told. I touch anything green it dies.

Anybody in the market for a good lightly used tiller?