What's new

Alrighty I'll kick things off here with my latest acquisition

This isn’t my picture, but it is of the last knife I bought, the Montana Knife Company’s Super Cub in CPM Magnacut.
IMG_4822.jpeg

It’s a little bit big for EDC, but it fits the tool pocket of my Oklahoma-made Roundhouse overalls really well, so I actually have it on me at the moment. I replaced MKC’s folded Kydex belt clip with an Ulticlip, which I’ve found works really well with MKC’s Kydex sheaths.

This isn’t mine, but I have one just like it. It’s a Mike Miller knife that I bought last spring. I’ve processed two deer with it so far, and it’s still holding a pretty good edge. I’ve been meaning to get a McCroskey knife, but I haven’t got around to it yet.
582AC8FE-BE3C-4927-9071-B43E6BA3BC59.jpeg

This isn’t mine, but I have one just like it. It’s a Mike Miller knife that I bought last spring. I’ve processed two deer with it so far, and it’s still holding a pretty good edge. I’ve been meaning to get a McCroskey knife, but I haven’t got around to it yet.
View attachment 3335
Love Mike Miller’s stuff, need to pick one up.

That’s still one of my favorites. Just about a perfect edc fixed blade. I’ve been really close to replacing it several times.
I wear it everyday at 130 as a "get off me knife"

D44610B5-9C65-4B40-8AEF-3D047ACD62CD.jpeg
Anyone remember these? I bought it off of LuAnn at the end of SHOT back in the depths of time. Al was talking to someone across the booth and I didn’t want to interrupt. Wish I had just to shake his hand. The thing kind of scares me. It’s shaving sharp and big enough to bleed out elephants at the packing house.

So I’ve been needing something more on the one handed operation side of the house than my usual douk-douk, so I’ve been keeping an eye out for something cheap, but decent enough to use. Really im just needing a knife I can abuse at work and not feel bad about breaking the tip off of or something. While eyeballing trash pumps at harbor freight, I came across this. G10 handle, D2 steel, ceramic bearing, lifetime warranty, $40. Sounds like what I’ve been needing. Feels nice. A little small, but it will work great for what I need.

IMG_4351.jpegIMG_4354.jpegIMG_4352.jpeg

Last edited:
You have to keep an eye on those suckers at HF. Every once in a while they sneak a sleeper in on ya and then never have it again when it’s worth going deep on.

I’m curious to hear how well they did with that D2.

You have to keep an eye on those suckers at HF. Every once in a while they sneak a sleeper in on ya and then never have it again when it’s worth going deep on.

I’m curious to hear how well they did with that D2.
It’s hairsplitting sharp, that’s for sure. All I’ve heard about G2 is that it’s hard to sharpen and prone to rust, but rust isn’t a problem if you use it a lot, and as long as it stays sharp for a long time, I don’t care if it’s hard to sharpen.

It’s not my latest acquisition, but it is the MKC Magnacut Blackfoot 2.0 that lives on the outside of my IFAK, which also came from MKC (thus the MKC patch).
IMG_4980.jpeg
I replaced the MKC folded Kydex belt hook with a Terzuola T-Clip, which fits the MOLLE-ish loops on the bag pretty well.